I’m excited to share this one, it is so yummy! This is a rendition of one of my favorite things to get out at Morning Glory restaurant. I have to say I may even like this homemade version better! Grab a big bowl and layer up this amazing goodness! This makes a lot but the leftovers are amazing to have around. Enjoy!!
2 cups cashews
1 1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp lemon juice
4 carrots chopped
4 celery stalks chopped
1 small head of red cabbage chopped
3 zucchini chopped
3 yellow squash chopped
1 bag of baby spinach
5 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos or soy sauce
2-3 packs firm tofu (depending how many leftovers you want)
2 cups (gluten free) panko bread crumbs
1 cup rice bread crumbs
1 cup everything bagel mix
1-2 cans black beans
Optional- 2 cups cooked black rice
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by making your cashew cream sauce: Soak 2 cups cashews in 1 1/4 cups water in a blender. Leave this here to soak while you chop your veggies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Chop all your veggies.
- Steam veggies on stove with liquid aminos, keep an eye on these- you don’t want them too mushy! Add spinach at the very end.
- Mix bread crumbs and bagel mix and salt in a shallow container
- Slice firm tofu into rectangles, pat dry. Dip tofu in egg whites then dip in bread crumb mixture. Place tofu on greased baking sheets. Bake tofu for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through until browned nicely.
- Come back to your cashew cream sauce in the blender. Add garlic cloves, lemon juice and salt and blend thoroughly. This is best done in a nutribullet, vitamix or another powerful blender. You want the cashew cream sauce to be very creamy!
- Open beans and warm in small pot on stove. Once the tofu is browned, the delicious Buddha Bowl layering can begin!
- If you’re opting for rice (it’s served this way at Morning Glory but I’ve been making it with and without, both ways are stellar), start with rice on the bottom, then a big spoonful of the steamed veggies, a scoop of black beans, a few pieces of tofu and a whole bunch of cashew cream sauce.
- Optional: Sprinkle shredded cheese and/or salsa on top
- Enjoy! (There’s no way your taste buds aren’t going to be thrilled)